The Kids Foundation of the Week

As you can see I added yet another wonderful kids foundation to my sidebar on my blog. It is called Kids Free 2 B Kids I recently read about this wonderful non-profit organization and wrote the founder, Julie about it. I wanted to show my support for this group by getting the word out to all the parents and blog readers that you might also show your support for this cause, which I think you won't regret. As a parent I truly get aggravated by the things the media puts out there in view of my children. Sure, there are many ways to control these things in our own homes, but what about on billboards that are out in the open for the whole world to see. I think as parents we need to stop supporting businesses that don't support our values. In retrospect I am referring to an article I read and saw on our local news about a huge poster for Victoria's secret that is displayed at the local San Tan Shopping Center. I applaud the many parents who stood up for the community and complained about the racy ad. The result is that the Mall is working to make changes to the ad. Standing up for what you believe "does" make a difference in this sometimes-crazy world.




Comments

  1. I know what you mean!! especially having 3 boys they are very curious in that dept..and when they see stuff like that .. it really bothers me too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ana!! So glad to hear from you and thank you for your comments!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job for doing this!
    Thanks for the information and heads up! I will have to check that out. Having a daughter and a son, both are young and impressionable, I want to watch what they are exposed to.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for Showin' some love!

Popular Posts