Adversity

According to Miriam-Webster, "adversity" is a state, condition, or instance of serious or continued difficulty or adverse fortune. 

Unless you are the luckiest person in the world, I think it would be safe to assume that you have faced some form of adversity. I know that I have had my fair share of adversities. Sometimes the mountain is just a little too steep to climb; or taking that road was just a little too far down.

Despite the many challenges we face; by design we are resilient persons. As individuals we have the capacity for stoicism. We can choose our attitude about life. Regardless of adversity--I choose to remain optimistic, hoping for the best in all things.

When taking long drives with my family I often think about the many adversities I have faced. A sign outside a church near my home reads "7 Days without prayer makes one weak." On the opposite side of the sign it says "ASAP...Always Say A Prayer."

Through prayer we can find comfort and solace as we face various adversities. Prayer often provides the strength to carry on and persevere in adversity. Regardless of the task, a prayerful approach invokes divine guidance.

Comments

  1. I definitely agree, we have faced some great adversities, but I have to say that we wouldn't know how to be grateful for our blessings if we didn't have to face any hardships along the way, I am so blessed to have you as my companion on this journey...to forever. FT&P always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How true is that sign anyway! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for that post. Sometimes we just need those simple reminders to help us daily!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for Showin' some love!

Popular Posts