Potty Training Update!

Today is the second week of potty training our son. It's been a long week of running to the bathroom, washing and re-washing his training pants. It's been stressful, but at the same time a good feeling that for one thing, we will be saving a some money because we are not buying diapers for both sons.

Potty training boys is definitely a little harder. It's like working at home, except with almost no break time. Just when he seems to be doing well, he has a little accident. Yesterday and today he has improved. He seems to be a lot more comfy with dad helping him. My husband has taken over the afternoon shift, while I am making dinner, and getting everyone ready for bed.

With two older daughters and two younger sons, our lives are pretty busy. Add in potty training and terrible two's and you have two tired, stressed out parents.

The days of potty training our third child are almost done, and we are getting anxious and at times impatient, but we have to keep on moving forward, no matter what, so that he can accomplish this task. Teaching him this very basic skill is a big step in teaching him to accomplish greater things. Each little thing we teach our kids makes us even more grateful for all the things that our parents had to experience in raising us.

Children are a blessing, even though there are days I wish I could stay in bed all day. The love I have for my husband, our kids and myself keeps me going. So I am going to get it done!

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for Showin' some love!

Popular Posts