Kindergarten Baby's First Day!

This morning was a big day for our family. Our oldest child started kindergarten, I think I was feeling more anxiety than she was feeling.

She was so excited to get to school she got all dressed and finished her breakfast faster than she has ever finished it. I fixed her hair and we all went outside and took pictures with our five-year old before dropping her off at school as I walked her to her class I gave her a few words of encouragement and some more hugs and kisses, then it was time to let her go, helping her find her desk I stood there for a while and soon the other parents were leaving.

Finally after a moment of sadness was able to let go and walk away, a little more dramatic than I usually am--but she's my first baby and that separation anxiety made me feel the way my two-year old must feel at church nursery, I just had to hold in the emotions to keep from looking crazy! She was just fine, and I didn't want her to feel scared, so I calmly said one more good-bye and walked out of the room. Soon after saying a small prayer in my heart, a calming peace came over me. I realized that the anxiety was mostly due to the recent school incidences of crime and kidnappings all over the news. I replaced that fear with a more positive frame of mind and walked back to the car. My husband and our other three children had been waiting for me to return. My husband and I discussed how it went and it was a bittersweet day, but more than anything we both felt proud and excited for her.

It's already almost time to go pick her up from school. I can't wait to hear how her day went!

Comments

  1. I know how you feel. My daughter is getting ready to go to kindergarden in a couple of weeks. I hope your daughter had a good day in school! I think I feel the same way. I feel nervous. But ever-one says I should not let her see me sad, and just keep on smiling! Will your daughter ride the school bus? My wanted to but I did not know what to do? I hope she will get along ok! WE will have to keep in touch and keep up to date wants going on.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for Showin' some love!

Popular Posts