Why Parents Shouldn't Teach Kids the Cookie Jar Song

Our three- year old came running upstairs and to tell me that her little 2 year old brother got a pencil and got the chocolate chips out of the fridge and ate them. Not realizing that I already knew she was fibbing because her brother was upstairs going potty while she was quietly downstairs moving a kitchen chair around, as soon as he went downstairs she came running up and had the sweet convincing, and innocent look on her face and tattled about how he did it and then she said but I already cleaned it up mom. I asked her if she really did it or her brother, she again repeated that it was her brother who was responsible for the chocolate chip raid. So I asked her why her brother wiped chocolate on her chin, and that’s when she didn't have much to say. I talked to her about lying and she said sorry.
I guess it’s my fault for teaching her the kid’s song I used to sing these are the lyrics:

Parent says:“Who took the Cookie from the cookie Jar?

(Kids name) took the cookie from the cookie jar!

Kid says: Who me?

Parent says: Yes you!

Kid says: Couldn't be!

Parent says: Then who?

Kid says:(someone else’s name) took the cookie from the cookie Jar!

Then it repeats, and you change the names.


Lesson learned: don’t sing kids songs that teach kids them the wrong principles, you might lose your chocolate chips!

Comments

  1. hahaha! Kids do the funniest things sometimes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that song!!! Good thing I don't have a cookie jar!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for Showin' some love!

Popular Posts