"If Ye Are Prepared Ye Shall Not Fear"


My mom and dad were into town for a baptism on my dad's side this past weekend. Mom talked to me while we were cleaning the kitchen and reminded me about my Grandpa and Grandma's wise counsel that they had given us for years.

"To prepare ourselves spiritually and temporally."

We are so blessed to have come from the most wonderful Grandparents and parents who have loved, taught and nurtured us in so many ways. I have been thinking about what they have told us time and time again, to prepare ourselves, to repent, to have food storage for our families and to live righteously.

I have to admit if anything were to happen to our little family and there was some type of disaster we would not be fully prepared for an emergency. I have set in my heart and mind goals for our family in many different aspects, but mostly spiritually and with food storage. I am sure that my forbears who have passed on know what lies ahead of us. The time is drawing nearer to our Saviors return, and we see it all around us. Just watching the news and all of the crazy things that happen in the world. At times my life and my selfishness distract me and I don't see clearly what is most important for my family's future. I hope that we will take time to ponder the many things we have all been taught by our Grandparents and our church leaders and act upon them too, so that we will be prepared to withstand all that we might face in the years to come.








Great Links:

Food Storage Calculator
Figure the minimum food storage amounts for your family for one year.

LDS Catalog- Home Storage

Shelf Reliance


Totally Ready Blog

Comments

  1. What a great post, a couple of us have gotten together and put together a blog, it's called sharing and preparing. go take a look at it through my profile.. We need more people to join. It really isn't getting used, and we need it to get going, if you feel like you want to be a part of it, let me know, and your in, or anyone else who sees this comment... We do need to get ready, not to worry what kind of shoes to buy, although I love to shop, the time has come....

    In a relief society one lady had said that the church doesn't really stress it that much anymore..

    My thoughts on that is they can only stress it sooo much...

    What evah- We related somehow ;)

    I hope that your mom likes his famili cuz I love them...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great site is
    totallyready.com. They have a blog that you could check out too. They were doing a great week by week preparedness plan. I keep meaning to get started on it. Earlier this year, I was really thinking about this a lot. I'm just such a procrastnator. Good luck with yours, and thanks for the reminder! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Devri:

    The blog is wonderful! I am gonna be reading it and commenting, I think I should keep it that way because I already have 4 blogs to write on..lol! But thanks for the invite!! :) Yeah, I am sure there is somehow a way we are related...just distant..lol! Or by marriage..lol!
    My mom doesn't know them well but I am sure they are wonderful! Mahalos

    Mikki: I am a procrastinator too! I think that's why I blogged it, because it will be there as a reminder!! Gonna check out that link and add it thanks!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post and good reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great post!!! i need to get busy with this stuff!!!! i got like NUTHIN prepared! all our stuff is like so old....and NARLEY. :9

    thanks for lighting the fire under my butt!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks I loved this and needed it. It does bring peace when we are prepared.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks

    lonestar, merrianne and mother goose! I know what ya mean, especially with all the hurricanes and tropical storms that have happened lately!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for Showin' some love!

Popular Posts