Happy 50th Anniversary Mom and Dad!!

(1962- Laie, Hawaii)

My parents have officially been married for 50 years!!
They were sealed in the Laie, Hawaii temple.
They were labor missionaries in Laie and helped build the Polynesian Cultural Center.(Dad helped to transplant the crooked palm tree at the PCC.)

In 50 years together they raised 14 children, and even helped raise some nephews and nieces.
They now have 54 grand-children and 1 great grand child.
They worked hard and owned their own bakery in the 80's and
had their own Landscaping business, which gave my dad the opportunity to spend time
with my brothers teaching them what it means to work hard. He had training as a mechanic and repaired maintenance cars at the PCC. He went to the community college to learn how to cut hair. (A great way to save money when you have a dozen boys.)
He retired working for the church as a "building mechanic".
Mom is always willing to help out anyone by making costumes for dancing, clothing
or leis, whenever anyone needs something we always ask mom. She became a CNA after she was 50 years old, she loved her job but had to quit after having some health issues.
It's a blessing to have such amazing and talented parents.
They served in various callings in church. (Dad-Bishopric, Mom- Relief Society)
Together they worked hard to buy and own a home in the 70's.
They have faced many trials but always maintained and even strengthened their testimonies. I admire and love them so much, and I hope that our children will have many more years to spend learning from them and having fun getting to know them. Mom is dad's caretaker now, and it's a lot of hard work, but mom does a fantastic job. My brother and his wife and kids also do a wonderful job helping with dad so that mom can have some free time to relax. I am grateful for the parents who raised me and gave me the greatest gift I will ever have, which is
the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We love you mom and dad!
Have a fun anniversary in California!!

Some of their favorites:

Dad's favorites: TV, Sports, Chocolate cake with raspberry filling, music, singing
baking, playing pool, The Lawrence Welk Show.

Mom's Favorites: Making Leis, Quilting, Crocheting, Baking, Vanilla Ice Cream, Fruits and Veggies, Comedies, especially "Keeping Up Appearances".

(2006- Las Vegas)

Comments

  1. Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!!
    love you guys so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!!
    love you guys so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was beautiful and brough tears to my eyes. Your parents are amazing people!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know them and yet I love them!!

    Happy 50th. What an accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post! I've never seen that picture....I can't tell which brother looks the most like him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! Happy Anniversary to them! Thanks for following my blog. I'm following you now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my heck 50 whopping years!! That's truly amazing and inspiring! Your parents are soldiers for real!! I love them, and I really hope they had a blast in Cali!!
    MuCh LoVe,
    aNNa
    P.S.
    Yes A/C on, feel great!! How was ur memorial day? We need to get together, it's been too long!! U live here now!! :P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for Showin' some love!

Popular Posts