Saturday, March 20, 2010

2010- Year of Service

It's official...I am declaring this entire year for my little family..the YEAR of SERVICE! 
I am also declaring myself a nerd! lol!
I am very excited about this year, there are so many big things happening...like Pearlie's baptism, the new baby being born...and some projects my husband is starting with me. I actually emailed my brothers and sisters on my side with some service ideas for our whole family to take part in. I feel like I have been blessed so much that I need to do something to bless others lives. I have a few things in mind for my young kids to do and I think this will really teach them a lot about life and give them a glimpse of what it means to be Christ-like...although, they are definitely more Christ-like than I am..I know it will teach me a lot about myself. I look forward to passing this service "torch" on to anyone who reads this and is inspired to do the same thing with your family.

Here is the torch:


Just write a post about what your plans are for service in 2010 and pass it along....
who knows how much impact you will make by a being of service to someone.




Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I would love to serve the elderly in our ward. I need to visit them, learn from them...they are in need of visits, and they are lonely. We need to remember our elderly. Invite them to our family things. They love that :) That's my goal :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great idea. If it makes you a "nerd" then I say nerds have happier, fuller lives than non nerds. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Showin' some love!

Labels

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

We ♥

Listed on the following LDS Blog Sites

---------------------------------------------------- Flower Button LDS News Source LDS News Source is a LDS news portal that currently searches over 5000 news sources daily. _______________________________________
Fan of kevinandamanda.com! Free Fonts. Recipes. Scrapbooking. Photography. Blog Design. Tutorials. Giveaway. Everything you're into!
This policy is valid from 23 February 2010 This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations. The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Those advertisements will be identified as paid advertisements. The owner(s) of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest. To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org

The Mama Hoods Goods

Visits from Mah Buddies!