Pearlie's Getting Baptized!




Pearlie..aka...mini-mom... turns "8" around Mother's Day and I still don't have any details planned out. She is looking forward to the big day and we are also. I must admit, I am not really all that great with planning out events. I found a website with some really cute ideas and tips. It's time for me to get the ball rollin'! I am just trying to get things squared away before the baby is born. I am also relieved that my new due date according to the Ultrasound is June 5th~I am glad because the previous date was May 23rd and it gives us more time for planning her baptism. I know for sure we will be having dinner. I am thinking back to some of my nieces and nephews baptism days. I like to keep things simple. When I was baptized it was simple as well but I still remember that day.
I love the idea of Articles of Faith Personalized cards as a gift to guests or kids that come to the baptism. I don't want to spend too much because the focus is on the baptism, am I contradicting myself, I tend to do that A.LOT!

One things for sure is that there will be a nice dinner afterward....U know us Polys and OUR FOOD! lol!

So any of you moms who have been there & done that....do you have any ideas for me in this department, cuz I have NO experience! :(

Comments

  1. hi Ane I know whatever you plan will be great your such a great mom and so creative. For Tyani's baptism I did a Luau and it was a nightmare to plan but everything turned so well the ward and the my family enjoyed it however it was not kid friendly so Tyani was totally bored... lol learning experience for me. Now Pule is getting baptized June 5th and I'm gonna try and make it more kid friendly I stole some ideas from tala...lol I'm gonna rent a jumper and have a few games after the baptism and then have a cotton candy and popcorn machine there for the kids. since it will be around lunch time I'm doing pizza so that no one has to cook...lol Still haven't confirmed anything but I'll keep in touch. I love the personalized card idea... love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When Ariana got baptized we really didn't do anythng but an eating afterwards. She was so happy, she just loves being around her family and friends. So it worked out. She also loves food..so I guess she's so simple like me :) Do what you can, as long as it's not conflicting with the spirit!! love you Irie and can't wait for your big day! Let me know if you need my help Ane!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for Showin' some love!

Popular Posts