On a Mission


As a parent, the greatest blessing is that your children learn from life's experience and overcome life's challenges to the best of their ability to become the people they were meant to be.

I have noticed over the past year how much they have grown spiritually. This spiritual growth reflects their resiliency throughout trials. Simply put....they amaze me. They do things that give me a glimpse of who they really are and who they will become.

This simple life lesson lead me to think about my life as an adult. And then it triggered some introspective dialogue which went something like this...


How can we instill our children the desire to seek knowledge and 
understanding of their divine potential and how will we encourage them, as
they grow, to discover their purpose and mission in this life?

In my opinion, I think we lose ourselves because we are comparing ourselves to others.  I think we lose the sense of who we are meant to be because we are too busy to take time to realize our potential.  I think we forget how amazing we are,  sometimes we waste time focusing on the negative things that we dislike about ourselves.

I have definitely learned that I love being who I am.  I love that my husband balances me out and keeps me focused on what is important, he exemplifies resiliency.  I love that my kids help me to remember what it means to truly become like Christ.

This is exactly why I love being a mother and a wife.  The profound moments that are experienced outnumber the hard moments.  I am blessed with some priceless life experiences as a mother,  I wouldn't have known if I wasn't a mother.  While the daily life of mothering isn't EVER easy.  I would definitely say that I have learned so much from my children.   My daughter asked me why I didn't go on  a mission.  I told her, well girls aren't required to go,  I told her that I decided to get married instead and that they (my kids) are my mission. That mission is to help them to reach their full potential in every aspect, regardless of what struggles we face. Which can only be accomplished when leading by example.

I hope that I can continue to serve and teach my family, by example.  I hope that when they are older, they will know what their mission in this life is.  I hope that i will be able to complete my mission and return with honor,  to our Heavenly Father...when it's time.  I hope that my children and husband will know and never forget how much I LOVE THEM! ♥

I love being on a "mission"! 



Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for Showin' some love!

Popular Posts