Missionary Work

This past weekend we were blessed to celebrate our nephew Elder Brown's farewell.  He will be serving a two-year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Roseville, California mission.  Just from hearing his farewell talk,  we know that he will be a fantastic missionary. We are so happy with his decision. Our kids have been talking about becoming missionaries when they grow up, because they want to be like Elder Brown, I love hearing them get excited about missionary work.  They have asked me questions about missionary work. I love that they are interested in doing something so important.  My husband and I never went on our missions, but we both feel that it is something very important.  I am grateful that our kids are learning this. I have told them that although they are not missionaries,  they can help share the gospel through their testimonies.

 My parents have 12 sons, 2 daughters, 54 grandchildren and 5 great grandchildren. He's my parents first grandchild to become a missionary.  I love having such a large family. I have so many nephews and nieces to enjoy.  They are such a big part of my life.  It just amazes me how quickly they have grown up.  I am the youngest of my parents 14 children and I am lucky to have grown up with some of my nieces and nephews.  I have been lucky to have some fun times hanging out with them or babysitting them.  I am so proud of each of them.  I am also proud that some of them have attended my favorite school...The University of Utah. Go UTES! lol!  (Had to throw that in there!)   I am very grateful for each of them.  They are great examples to me and my family. They are such great kids, seriously...the best!  We will definitely miss you Elder Brown!  See you in 2 years, return with honor!  Love you Elder Brown!

(To my husband...thanks for all of your strength and faith,  I have been so blessed by your encouragement, support and love.  It means more than the world to me.  FT&P Always! XOXOXOXO!)

Comments

  1. I can't believe my little baby nephew Keenan is a missionary. Such a great blessing and how time flies! I love missionary work and am so glad that we're all part of the same big family! love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roseville is blessed to have Elder Brown!!! I'm glad we are here but a little jealous that he's going to my hometown!!! It was a fantastic weekend with family and fun and a wonderful spirit of love and excitement. Thanks for sharing this pic of the missionary and Grama Brown.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for Showin' some love!

Popular Posts